April 26, 2006
Posted by on
Here are some mid-week updates, in case you care:
- It looks like I have a place to stay until fall (at least): the Church of the Sojourners is planning to let me stay as a guest member. This makes me very happy.
- I had great fun singing at the 2nd Annual Golden Gate Sacred Harp Convention this past weekend. I even met someone who already knew by because of things I post to the Internet. “In the future, everyone will be famous to 15 people.”
- As well as singing for three hours again on Sunday, and two more on Monday.
- I attended my first Friends’ Meeting with fellow singer Linda. Such lovely Quaker faces and structured silence. It was good to have a quiet space to adore/confess/give thanks/make requests.
- The Omar Sosa performance was a gas (as us hipsters say)–such lovely world music faces and structured noise.
- I’ve dived into the last days at NASA and it looks like enough will get done, but it’s busy.
- How I miss Bess and Jane!