February 4, 2014
Posted by on
Company: Synapsify, Inc. (www.gosynapsify.com)
Opening: Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Synapsify, a well funded software company located in Bethesda, Maryland, is a new way for computers to understand, rate and manage written content. Synapsify helps organizations save time, money and gain actionable insight in understanding and prioritizing the world’s written content, social conversations, and opinions. The world’s first software based on emotional intelligence, Synapsify analyzes the sound, metaphor and narrative in text to help our clients gain deeper, more actionable insights from social media, online conversations and all forms of written text. Backed by leading venture investors, if you are looking for an opportunity to put a dent in the universe, please keep reading.
You will join our core engineering team, where you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing Synapsify’s Actionable Content Ratings platform. Your mission is to integrate the best of search, text analytics, and visualizations into a revolutionary, reliable, high-performance platform available via our RESTful API and SaaS web application. You will manage the day to day development process, and will write scalable, maintainable, efficient, and elegant code. You will actively participate in cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology and research. We are a startup. This means you must play an active role in the development process and develop part of the solution themselves.You will work in a beautiful open collaborative space that screams creativity and is only a short walk from the Bethesda Metro station.
Desirable candidates should possess:
- An excellent understanding of modern software platforms, Cloud infrastructure, Big Data, Search and Text Analysis.
- Knowledge of Common Lisp, Clojure, AServe, AWS, RabbitMQ, Celery, and Storm a plus.
- Experience and capable of leading teams and making sure that a collaborate team result is delivered.
- Experience in managing software development processes, developing roadmaps, assigning engineering tasks to the team, monitoring development, testing and managing upgrade and release strategies.
- A strong knack and talent for solving complex issues by finding simple solutions.
- Extreme passion for learning new technologies and creating revolutionary products.
- Excellent communication skills and not shy to express his or her opinion in finding the best solution and approach
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- At least 4-6 year(s) of working experience in text analytics or search, including 2-3 years of experience in in algorithms, classifiers, rankers or other machine learning technologies
Interested candidates should email cover note/letter and resume to email@example.com.